Alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, and students – who give and encourage others to do the same – are the key to the success of Giving Day at Fort Hays State University. Encouraging a few people to give can make an impact. Our Giving Day Toolkit provides everything you need to get started!
Giving Day Basics:
Save the Date
- Thursday, April 22nd, 2021
- Add to personal & work calendars
- Follow Facebook event
Make your gift here!
- Share our posts
- Tag us on social media
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/FHSUFoundation
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fhsu_foundation
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/fhsu-foundation/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fhsu_foundation/
- Include #SupportTheFort in your posts
- Follow our progress throughout the day on social media!
- Let friends know you can get a FHSU sticker and pair of FHSU socks for making a gift!
Pre-Giving Day: How to help prior to the big day!
- Mention Giving Day to your FHSU friends
- Provide them with the date and tell them you are planning to make a gift
- Use social media to give a heads up about Giving Day by sharing the Facebook event
- Send a quick note the day before to remind them to make a gift on 4/22/2021
On Giving Day: Rise to the Challenge!
- Make a gift to your favorite project(s) at https://www.fhsugivingday.com/
- Why do you give? Share a message on your social media account(s) and tag #SupportTheFort
- Invite others to join you in making a difference for Fort Hays State students
- Share social media posts throughout the day (space it out to maximize reach)
- Remind others – do something personal – an email, text, in person
- Follow our progress and watch for new challenge(s) throughout the day. Consider participating in the challenges to help reach the goal!
Post-Giving Day: Give Thanks!
Share the results of Giving Day and remember to say THANK YOU!
Social Media Samples. Feel free to personalize with your own FHSU story.
- #SupportTheFort. Join me during Fort Hays State University’s Giving Day and make a gift to an area of your choice at https://www.fhsugivingday.com/
- I supported FHSU students - will you? I gave [IF COMFORTABLE, ADD YOUR DONATION AMOUNT HERE] in support of Giving Day. #SupportTheFort. Go to https://www.fhsugivingday.com/ to make your gift now!
- Empowering students has never been easier than it is today on Giving Day! Go to https://www.fhsugivingday.com/ and make your gift to the area of your choice! #SupportTheFort
Email and Text Samples: Here is a sample email and text you can personalize (with your own FHSU story) and send to your peers inviting them to participate in Giving Day #SupportTheFort!
- Hi, _____,
Did you hear about Giving Day at FHSU #SupportTheFort? It’s a 24-hour ‘Day of Giving’ campaign to make an impact on FHSU students and campus!
I'm writing to you today to ask you two things:
1) GIVE - No matter how much you give, every gift matters. Giving is easy - visit https://www.fhsugivingday.com/ to make your gift today!
2) Spread the word about Giving Day - just like I'm reaching out to you, reach out to people in your network and ask if they can join you in making a gift. If you need help or ideas on how to spread the word, go to https://fhsugivingday.blackbaud-sites.com/marketingtoolkit.
I hope I can count on you to join me in participating in Giving Day #SupportTheFort.
-YOUR NAME HERE
- 1st text: Hi [NAME OF PERSON], today is Giving Day #SupportTheFort. Can you help? Want to make a difference in the lives of our students?
- 2nd text: Here are more specific details on today’s challenges and your opportunity to make an impact: https://www.fhsugivingday.com/. Thank you very much for your consideration!
Challenge Ideas: Challenges add more excitement, as well as some friendly competition, to Giving Day! Anyone can issue a challenge - here's a few ideas:
- I will give $_________if 10 donors make a gift to (designation) in the next hour.
- I will give $_________if the donor participation goal is reached before midnight.
- I will give $_________if 10 parents make a gift to [athletic team].
Creating your own post tips!
Interested in writing your own social media content to promote Giving Day? That's great! Make your story personal. The pre-written content can help provide a starting point.
- Tone - Use a friendly yet professional tone. Facebook has a more personal tone with longer-lasting messages compared to quick-hitting Tweets on Twitter.
- Audience - Think of who you are writing to and how to best approach them.
- Length - Try to keep your message as concise as possible while still getting your point across. Graphics can catch people's eye and make content more likely to be read.
- Call to Action - Ask yourself "what is the purpose of this?" and "is this purpose clear to the reader?" Include the link so making a gift is as simple as possible.
- Tag - Tagging social media accounts and using hashtags (#SupportTheFort) in your post will give you more visibility to reach a larger audience!
- Tell Your Story - Share why FHSU is important to you! What inspires you to give: a group, or team you were a part of; an experience at FHSU that impacted you; a class or professor that influenced your career.
- Use our Resources - images and project links provided here to brand your content and direct people where to make a gift.